Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Under Duress of Love




Standing at the alter, holding my left hand,
In his, he took my ring finger, and
Darned it with the most beautiful expression,
Of him, an impression I’d never forget,
Before God and our family,
He claimed me as his for life,
“I take you to be my wife”
Then we leaned in, kissed, to
Christen this gift of our new life.

But then I heard a loud shout,
“How did she do it?”


With a Cheshire cat smile,
I turned and winked,
As I began to think back.


Not really sure how it happened ….

But as I recall,

Didn’t really have a strategy,

But temptation was present.

It was open, so I took my chances,

Didn’t really expect to get away with it,

As the signs were clear,

Safe-guarded, at all times,

I quickly devised a plan, a

Quick alteration of my person,

As there was no way,

I could scheme my way in,

Not living in the skin I was in.

I had to learn to

•love and respect myself,

•Know my self-worth, and

•Get to know God first,

Then after the plan was in place,

I saw an entry, it was barely open,

Just enough room to squeeze in.




It was dark and murky as I lurked,

Toxic fumes within,

Enough to alter my view,

Dazed and confused,

I nearly bumped into you,

As you came running around the corner,

As I had intentionally, tripped the silent alarm.



I had to react soon, didn’t know what to do,

Fast on my feet, as I only had one weapon,

A needle filled with enough serum, to prevail

So I hit you with it, only once,

Soaking up the juices,

Leaving all the seasoning,

Flavoring, marinating in you,

Like an unpredictable wind,

Like missing that last step you didn’t see,

You stumbled and look around to see,

If someone noticed …



And they did… you attempted to play it cool,

As you had quickly realized,

In a nervous response,

You smiled, and laughed it off,

Because you got caught, falling…

Unexpectedly, on top of the one that tripped you…

Heart first, in the arms of a new,

Caught in the middle of love…..

Like in the middle of a tug –a-war,

Held at bay, by a love darts fired at your head,

Dreams of forever, spilled, flowing, as

The injection of love fog your head,



To ground, falling,

Like Alice, fast, forward in the abyss.

Wondering in the darkness,

Plummeting to the depths,

Landing in a firestorm,

Fanning the flames

As the heat is so intense,

But only fueling the fire.

Smoldered irises, gasping for air, but

The yearning to be singed, so strong,

You can hardly abstain from

Branding your heart, Mine…



Now, the power of suggestion,

To unlock the mystery, of love within,

As the anesthetic wears on,

The pain reduces, as your heart renews,




You, lose sight of reality

Never once stopped to think,

About the consequence,

Of missing that last step,

You stepped out of line,

No longer focused,

On the negativity,

No longer single and lonely,

You’ve become a threesome,

You, me, and your heart,
Fused together, as one.

Victory is mine, I slayed the lie
You told yourself,
That you could never find love again,
Your heart had substantial damage, but not
Beyond repair, as I was able to
To bypass the hurt and pain,
To transplant a smile,
I’m not sorry I did it; I’m not in denial,
I’d do it again, though,
My life has not been the same,
Everlasting happiness, to replace the pain
Though not conquered
Single handedly, my accomplice was
There, to assist, in this sinister plot,
To gain your trust, and open your heart.
My heart was there with every step I made,
It implanted itself, and lead the way,
I trusted my heart, to love all of you,
All your past, all your weakness,
Flaws and all…


No comments:

Post a Comment