Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"Attraction is Overwhelming"










Funny how astrologically, attraction is overwhelming
Don’t know how the stars align, but I find myself slowly
Being pulled, gravity forced, the elicit claws, grasp hold,
It’s stinger, filled with capabilities to render,
The strongest, even Capricorns, fall victim, to the
Scorpions Venom……

It’s a love hate thing, I fell victim to 3…..
Could have been 4, but that one, got a way from
Before he could sting………
And he came before the next 3…..
And now there’s a 5th idling by…

You’d think after the 2nd, I’d learned my lesson,
But apparently, the compatibility got the best of me…
I won’t go into details, just thought I’d share, my
Astrological, metaphysical, illogical attraction…..
To them Damn Scorpio men..



So, I’m not really an astrological sign type of person. Just only when it comes to Capricorns (that’s me) and Scorpions (venomous demons). It started something like 19 years ago, and even years before that to be accurate. But back then, unbeknownst to me, I hadn’t realized it(scorpio) had even withered it’s way through, the crevices, clawing aimlessly, tethering my innocence, and injecting it’s vial, poisonous fuel, where it lay dormant until one day, another could smell it’s venom, steeping through my veins, growing warmer, raising the hairs, like steam rising, that alerted, of the precipitous liquor that has been prepared for him to drink. So, with his stinger, he bore a hole so deep, and began to drink… until, I was bled empty, only to refuel with antidote he left behind that would cause an addiction that only time would cure.

Honestly, I don’t know how it happens (present tense, will explain later)/happened. But it has to be more than pure coincidence. I would like to say, that I didn’t purposely subject myself to suicide by lethal injection. But the odds are not in my favor. I mean, in reality, I don’t think it occurs as often as it has in my case. But I’m sure it happens. I haven’t done the research. But you have to admit, that this has to be just luck of the draw. Or, I’m just glutton for punishment. I’m going to run it down to you now.

So my husband of 10 years, now divorced, was a Scorpio. I met him when I was 20 years old. I wouldn’t put 2 and 2 together until years later. But my first boyfriend, at the age of 13 (puppy love) lasted probably all of a few months, nothing happened (he didn’t crack the safe), was too a Scorpio. Go figure, right. There was enough time, and a few flings between, to not make it a federal case, or something out of the twilight zone. Again, it didn’t dawn on me until years later. So fast forward a couple years after leaving my EX hubby, I met yet another, we end up together 3 years.

This is when I realized something was awry. But did I listen to my instincts? KEEP READING>. After a tear filled break-up (him, not me), months had past, and yet another Scorpio would floss his shinny tip. Made it a point not to rush into things, because of my obvious twilightal-zone past. At this point, I felt like the woman who was driving down the street, and hit the guy(wrong movie, I know what you did last summer), who was trying to hitch a ride. And no matter how far she drove, the same guy ended up on the side of the road, with his thumb out, asking “hey lady, going my way?” But it would be an inevitable, nother Scorpion-Capricorn filled, 3 years, that I would dance the same dance with the same hitchhiker.

So, because of the obvious reputation of the Scorpion as being the more sexual sign, one would say that is the attraction. I beg to differ, and can attest, that it was not always . In fact the one I fell head over heels for was not even the most sexual, AT ALL, for various reason.

Now, I’ve been single, and venomous free well, except for the occassional booster shot , for 1 ½ years now. But have had a couple of run-ins with the razor sharp tail, but managed to evade the whip. I’ve learned my lesson. BS . But there is one sharpening his claws, right now, as we speak, screeching sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard. If you read the poem, this would actually be number 6. Lord help me! Seriously…


Southern Poise


So, has astrology ever played an important part in your relationships? Is there one particular sign that you are compatible with, and seem to always attract or are drawn too? Is it just coincidental? or are you purposely exposing yourself to this serial hitchhiker? Is it purely sexual or genuine compatibility? And if it seems to work, AT FIRST, why does it always end?

1 comment:

  1. So to add, I met this guy a couple of months ago, just out and a bout. And we've been talking off and on (maybe once a week on average) since then over the phone, but had never made solid plans to meet up again, until last Friday. Well, after plans set in place, where to me up, I mentioned his persistence on seeing me, and queried about his sign, because I’m cautious now. I really felt like someone was punking me, and I started laughing hysterically, for what I know had to be about 5 minutes,I’m sure it was only a couple. But he asked me what was so funny. I was eventually inclined to tell him , after catching my breath, about my history of Scropios. And I honestly felt like God was testing me. lol. So I said “let’s entertain it”. I went out anyway, (bored at home); we had a couple of drinks, talked a bit. He was cool. But I aint falling for it again… learned my lesson.

    ReplyDelete