Saturday, December 4, 2010

"Almost Naked"



Fully dressed, thick layers of skin wrap my body tight,

Swaddled like a mummy, wrapped in a thousand year old,
now tattered cloth,
Once soft and white as fresh linen …

Thick layers of skin protect me;
Surrounding all vital functions I need to live,
Though my heart remains vulnerable
So I protect it with my mind, cause that I can control…

But at times I get weak, as what’s in my heart is like kryptonite,
And my mind is like superman,
As your words flow from your mouth to my ears.
They penetrate my mind and ignite brain waves
That travel to my main artery,
Slowly I get weak.

But I try to remain strong. I tell myself
to ignore the signs.
As blood pumps through my veins,
My brain gets mixed emotions,
Confusing me, brain waves out of control.
Slowly I get weak..

Sensations send signals to my spine and brain,
that awaken and stimulate, and cause my body to respond,
and want to correspond, to process this information
and relay this communication to my other body functions.
And then I realize I can’t function, cause my functions want to cooperate,
But I try to negotiate and debate that this feeling, I’m not ready for..
But slowly I get weak


But my heart don’t agree with me, because this electric energy stimulates the heart.
Sending an impulse across the atria, and blood rushes through my body,
Because you’re near me, but fear begins to set in.
So then my frontal lobes begin to executive functions
Of self-control…planning…. reasoning…and abstract thinking.
Slowly I get weak

But as I try to remain distracted by my abstracting,
I realize this portion of the brain, also serves as a tunnel for my visions.
So I see you sitting there, and now I can’t help but stare,
My eyes dance as your biceps ripple, creating a rhythm in my veins,
So the rhythm pulsates through my veins to my brain,
And I begin to hear a song
So I begin to sang, in my mind,
Like Foetry, the words flow from me



“It’s getting late, why you gotta be here, beside me,”
Watching, needing, wanting me…. But I’m afraid.”

“I’m afraid you’re going to hurt me twice…”


But then you say to me I could never hurt you again…
I didn’t realize when I lost you before, I was losing my friend
I promised God if he gave me another chance, I’d do it right this time
That’s why this ring I give.

Then your words flow, like Floetry…

“There is only one for me; you have made that a possibility.
We can take that step to see if this really gonna be….”

“All you gotta do is say yes…”

Slowly I feel my tough skin loosening, soften like melting butter
No longer tough as leather, now soft as lamb’s skin.
Visions of our wedding day, without delay flash before my eyes
Tears, I begin to cry…
Slowly I shed that once harden shell,
Now shriveled, it falls from my body
Delicate to the touch,

My secrets,
My desires,
My dreams,
My flaws,
I’m ready to reveal,
I’m almost naked…



Southern Poise




















Is there anyone in your life that you keep letting come back after they've messed up? Does sex play apart in allowing someone to come back so easily?Do you have fear of disclosure in a relationship, revealing yourself to someone to love you unconditionally? Is it someone you plan/planned to spend your life with? When is enough, enough, cut ties and throw in the towel? Is love enough for you to keep subjecting yourself to heartbreak because you think he/she is the person you're supposed to be with? Would it make a difference if you were dating and he finally proposed? Or guys she she finally agreed to marry you?

No comments:

Post a Comment