Thursday, December 9, 2010

Disarmed Grenade













Borrowed, this topic from a fellow blogger thecandyshoppe, in regards to the new song by Bruno Mars called   Grenade. I had written this poem a couple of months ago. But kind of a different concept, but similar to love and relationships. More of not fully appreciating the present, because you’re expecting the worse . But then realizing, you are creating your own discomfort and confusion in a relationship. 

"Disarmed Grenade"

Armored disguise
Pain-filled eyes
Sting with visions
Of yesterday,
Shooting pain, ammunition
Filled my heart, explosive,
Like a grenade in my hands,
And the pin’s missing,
Released a surge of emotions,

I can’t help but throw caution to
The wind, and run fast…
But still I look back,
Expecting the echo
Of tragedy striking,
Debris flying,
Blazing fires burning,
Seared ashes,
Slowly, I turn, to peer
Just out of the corner,
Of my peripheral view,
But nothing happens…

No shrapnel….
No red flares...
No barrage….
No shred of evidence…
Only organized chaos in my mind…

I realize it was only backlash,
Trapped behind my lids,
When I close my eyes,
Superficial memories of past,

So I must try to move forward
Open my eyes, and
Slowly except that my past
Was a captured prisoner of war
Caught between my present
And my future…
I could no longer ignore...



Southern Poise

No comments:

Post a Comment